What’s the difference?
Tennis Elbow, or lateral epicondylitis, affects the inside of the elbow, and Golfer’s Elbow, or medial epicondylitis, affects the outside of the elbow. Both are common overload injuries to the attachment of the forearm muscles in the elbow.
Effective treatment is difficult and these conditions are prone to recurrence. Left alone an episode can last anywhere from 6 month to 2 years!
- • Pain and tenderness on the inner or outer side of the elbow, and weak or painful grip.
- • Most common between the ages of 30 and 60
- • More severe and long lasting in women
- • Repetitive strain type injury, normally as a result of work or sports activities.
At ChiroPlus we utilize Shockwave Therapy as an answer to chronic epicondylitis.
Shockwave Therapy uses an acoustic pressure wave to:
- • Disrupt the affected tissue
- • Stimulate collagen synthesis
- • Enhance blood supply
- • Flush out pain-transmitting substances
- Few adverse side effects
- Enhanced recovery time in patients with chronic epicondylitis
- Induces an immediate analgesic (pain relieving) and anti-inflammatory effect
- Long-term tissue regeneration and repair
What does the evidence say?
- Requires less treatments than acupuncture
- As effective as corticosteroid injection
- Has the same long-term effectiveness as PRP injection
- Similar results to surgery
The conclusion is that Shockwave Therapy is an effective and non-invasive method for the treatment of epicondylitis.
- Significantly reduces the pain that accompanies tendon injury
- Improves functionality and quality of life
- Safe and effective
We combine the best approaches
At ChiroPlus we offer a comprehensive solution for epicondylitis by combining traditional therapies, including stretch and strengthening, taping, and joint mobilisation, with the latest Shockwave Therapy technology. This ensures that we not only get you out of pain quickly, but keep you pain free for longer.